As a queer psychotherapist with German/Turkish heritage, I understand the internal and external pressures related to gender, sexuality, identity and culture.
Growing up in a muslim, Middle Eastern family in Germany left me often wondering where I belonged with my queer identity. I am aware of the challenges a diverse background with intersecting realities may has on individuals. This awareness shapes my work as a therapist and I offer a nonjudgmental and accepting space for exploration.
My training enables me to support clients effectively. I draw from a wide set of therapeutic approaches to meet my clients needs and preferences. I am experienced with short-term counselling and long-term psychotherapy and worked for various services including the NHS.
I am accredited as a Full Clinical Psychotherapist by the UK Council for Psychotherapy and comply with their code of ethics and professional practice. I am also a member of the EMDR Association for UK & Ireland.
- MSc Gestalt Psychotherapy – Middlesex University, London
- Clinical Diploma Gestalt Psychotherapy – Metanoia, London
- Post-Graduate Diploma Contemporary Trauma Practice – Relational Change, Oxford
- Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counselling – Metanoia, London
- MA Digital Arts – University of the Arts, London
Continuous Professional Development:
- Understanding ADHD: Current Research and Practice – King’s College London
- The Utilization of EMDR (and IFS) in Eating Disorders – EMDR Association Sussex & Pam Virdi
- Certificate in Couples Counselling – The Cherished Family Project, Birmingham
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Attachment in Couples Counselling – PESI UK
- Part 1, 2 & 3 EMDR Europe Standard Accredited Training – EMDR Academy, Roehampton/Online
- Delivering Psychotherapy & EMDR Online – EMDR Academy, EMDR Association & Online Therapy Institute
- Gender, Sex & Relationship Diversity – Pink Therapy, UK
- Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching – AoEC, London
- Certificate in Humanistic Counselling – Gestalt Centre, London
- Foundation in Performance/Acting – Arts Ed, London